Ozone is triatomic oxygen, so in order to introduce ozone; we have to start with oxygen.
Oxygen is life-giving, Life-sustaining element. We can not survive more than few minutes without oxygen. As we know that most of the body cells depends on oxygen. Ninety percent of Body energy is created by oxygen through aerobic metabolism. Proper Cellular Oxygenation is the only way to get the best of health.
It was postulated that during evolution and the presence of plants and green leaves on earth, the oxygen percent was 50 %. In a research work, some Swiss scientists concluded that that oxygen percentage two Hundred years ago was 38 %. In the year 1945 it was estimated to be 22% O2. Recently the oxygen percentage dropped to only 19 %. In some polluted cities it drops further to be as low as 10 %.
Decrease of Atmospheric Oxygen
There are several factors responsible for the continues decrease of atmospheric oxygen. The most important factors include: deforestation, industrial pollution, car exhaust pollution, devitalized soil (overuse of organophosphates), volcanic eruptions, and deterioration of Ozone Layer,
Proper oxygenation of the blood via various modalities can restore health and slow-down aging process
What is Ozone?
Ozone is oxygen with 3 atoms (O3). It is created by the action of ultraviolet rays on atmospheric oxygen 20 to 30 kilometers from earth surface to form ozone layer.
It is also generated by the action of the high voltage of thunder (lightning) on atmospheric oxygen near earth. This explains the fresh air that we smell following rain.
In addition, ozone is generated by the action of sea waves on oxygen at the sea-shore with the characteristic smell.
Ozone Education Menu
Benefits of Ozone in Nature
In the upper atmosphere ozone layer protects earth from harmful effect of a certain ultraviolet wave length from reaching earth (20-30 kilometers from earth). In the lower atmosphere ozone protects man from pollution by hydrocarbons by reacting with them leading to the formation of non-toxic CO2 & H2O.
What can Ozone do (generally speaking)?
- Inactivates Viruses, Bacteria, Yeast, Fungi, Parasites and Protozoa
- Stimulates Immune System, Speeds Healing
- Cleans Arteries and Veins, Improving Circulation
- Oxidizes Toxins, Facilitating their Excretion
- Normalizes hormone and Enzyme Production
- Reduces Inflammation and Pain.
- Scavenges Free Radicals
- Chalets Heavy Metal, working well in conjunction with EDTA
- Stimulates production of Protective Enzymes
History of Medical Ozone
- The German scientist C. Lender published an article in 1870 under the title ozone purify the blood.
- The first water treatment plan with ozone was in Holland in 1893. Now there are more than 3200 water treatment plans with ozone in the world. During the First World War (1914-1918) ozone used to treat wounds, foot gangrene and effect of poisonous chlorine gas. It was found that infected wounds washed with rain water (containing ozone) heal faster than wounds washed with river water.
- The German scientist Dr.Otto Warburg was awarded Noble Prize in Medicine in 1931 and in 1944 for his theory of the basic cause of cancer in damaged cell respiration and the importance of ozone as a preventive measure and treatment.
- In 1972 the International Ozone Association was established.
- In 1983 first International Medical Ozone Association conference was held in Washington.
How Does Ozone Work?
When a cell becomes stressed by physical or chemical shock or by viral, bacterial or fungal attack, its energy levels are reduced by the outflow of electrons and become electropositive. Ozone possesses the third atom of oxygen which is electrophilic i.e. ozone has a free radical electrical charge in the third atom of oxygen which seeks to balance itself electrically with other material with a corresponding unbalanced charge.
Diseased cells, viruses, harmful bacteria and other pathogens carry such a charge and so attract ozone and its by-products. When ozone is introduced into the blood, it reacts with these oxidisable substrates killing viruses, bacteria and fungi. In addition, the metabolic waste products of these organisms are oxidized and an oxygen rich environment is provided which healthy cells can thrive.
Normal healthy cells can not react with ozone or its by-products as they posses a balanced electrical charge and strong enzyme system.
Ozone Targets Only Diseased Cells and Pathogens
Mode of Action of Ozone
- Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa – Ozone disrupts the integrity of bacterial cell envelope through oxidation of the phospholipids and lipoproteins. It also damages viral capsid and upsets reproductive cycle by disrupting virus-to-cell contact with peroxidation.
- Enhancement of Circulation – Ozone reduces clumping of red cells and restores its flexibility and oxygen carrying ability. The arterial oxygen partial pressure increases and viscosity decreases leading to better tissue oxygenation. In addition ozone oxidizes plaques in arteries allowing removal of the breakdown products.
- Stimulation of oxygen metabolism – Ozone increases red blood cell glycolysis rate leading to stimulation of 2, 3-diphosphoglycerate (2, 3-DPG) and accordingly increase of oxygen released to tissues. In addition ozone activates Krebs cycle by enhancing oxidative carboxylation of pyruvate leading to stimulation of production of adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP) and accordingly more energy on the cellular level.
- Stimulation of the production of the enzymes which act as a free radical scavengers and cell wall protectors – Glutathione Peroxidase, Catalase, and Superoxide Dismutase. So medical ozone is a free radical scavenger.
- Dissolution of malignant tumors – Ozone inhibits tumor metabolism, oxidizes the outer lipid layer of malignant cells and destroys them through cell lysis. Also ozone increases the ability of phagocytes to kill tumor cells (by stimulation of conversion of arginine to citrulline, nitrite and nitrate by phagocytes)
- Activation of the immune system – Ozone stimulates the production of interferon times. It also stimulates the production of interleukins mainly Interleukin-2. In addition ozone stimulates the production of Tumor necrosis factor (TNF).
Conditions treated by Ozone
As ozone works on the cellular level so it can be used in many conditions and in different specialties. The conditions that can be treated by ozone can be divided under the following groups:
- Some viral diseases e.g. Hepatitis, AIDS and Herpes Zoster. Nowadays there are several studies on the use of ozone in treatment of aids based on its anti-viral action.
- Some degenerative diseases and Disturbances of the immune system e.g. Rheumatic diseases and rheumatoid disorders. Ozone is not only immuno-stimulant but also immuno-modulator as it also stimulates the production of interleukin 10.
- Some bacterial diseases e.g. infected wounds, diabetic foot, infected burns, and chronic sinusitis.
- Some vascular diseases e.g. atherosclerosis, Burger`s disease, Reynaud’s disease and peripheral vascular insufficiency.
- Some allergic conditions e.g. bronchial asthma and eczema.
- Malignancy in combination with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy
- Obesity and hyper-chlesterolaemia.
- It is highly efficient in managing exhaustion, nervous tension and pain in general.
However it should be known that Ozone is an Adjuvant Therapy and that Ozone does Not Rule out Classic Medicine. But Ozone has Remarkable Results in Combination with Classic Medicine or if Classic Medicine Can Not be used due to ineffectiveness or side-effects.
Common Indications for the use of Ozone in Medicine
A: Non Patients:
- Athletes: Stimulates the performance quantitative and qualitative and decreases the recovery period. It is not prohibited
- Beauty: Systemic and local weight reduction. Stimulates skin vitality and elasticity.
- To enhance physical and mental performance, detoxification and stress control.
- Reduce the possibility of Coronary Insufficiency and Diabetes if there is a family history.
- Reduce the possibility of complications in cases of Diabetes.
- Ameliorates the Aging process.
- ·Ischemic Heart Disease.
- ·Peripheral Vascular Diseases.
- Myositis, Muscle Spasm, Stiffness.
- ·Viral Hepatitis.
- ·Crohn`s Disease.
- ·Peptic Ulcer.
- ·Chronic Constipation.
- ·Anal Fistula.
- ·Diabetic Foot and Ulcer.
- ·Bad Healing Ulcer
- ·Resent Burns
- ·Rheumatic Arthritis.
- ·Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- ·Cerebral Stroke.
- ·Hemi paresis.
- ·Alzheimer Disease.
- ·Peripheral Neuritis.
- ·Disc Prolapsed.
- ·Bronchial Asthma.
- ·Allergic Rhinitis.
Skin and Venereal Diseases:
- ·Acne Valgaris.
- ·Atopic Dermatitis.
- ·Chronic Sinusitis.
- ·Chronic Otitis Media.
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Retinitis Pegmintosa
- Caries specially root Caries
Obstetrics and Gynecology:
- Placental circulation insufficiency ( with hypertension and premature delivery)
Ozone should never be used in Thyrotoxicosis and Fafism.
Ozone should never be given by inhalation or direct intravenous root.
Ozone side effects:
Ozone is the safest line of treatment known in history provided that it is used properly by the experienced doctors.
Methods of Application:
- Injection: autohaemotherapy: By withdrawal of 80-120 ml of blood, adding a calculated amount and concentration of ozone in oxygen to the blood, then re-infusing the blood again
- Direct injection into a muscle, joint or direct into a tumor.
- Insufflation: in the ear, vagina, rectum, and urethra
- Ingestion: ozonated water
- Transdermal: bagging, body suit, ozonated olive oil, cupping with a funnel.
- Steam Sauna